Boating Under the Influence Attorneys
Boating under the influence (BUI) is a similar offense to DUI except that instead of automobiles it involves a boat or other watercraft. The repercussion of a BUI offense can include fines, imprisonment, community service, rehabilitation and more. To be guilty, the boat operator must have:
- A blood alcohol concentration of .08% or greater; or
- Impaired mental/physical abilities due to alcohol or any controlled substance.
Contact a criminal defense attorney at FCC today if you or a loved one has been arrested for BUI. A free consultation with a Florida BUI attorney at our firm is offered to determine strategies to protect your rights.
BUI Defense Lawyers in Florida
A BUI conviction may result in varied criminal penalties, including:
- First BUI Offense: $250 to $500 fine and/or up to 6 months in county jail.
- Second BUI Offense: $500 to $1,000 fine and/or up to 12 months in county jail.
- Third BUI Offense (within 10 years): up to $5,000 fine and up to 5 years in state prison.
If you quickly respond to accusations with a skilled criminal defense lawyer, you have the opportunity to avoid serious penalties. The legal team at FCC is always on call to see how we can help you fight your BUI charges and avoid incarceration as we defend your rights all through the entire criminal process.
If you are arrested for BUI in Florida, contact a defense attorney at FCC today.